Recipe adapted from Ina Garten
- 6 ounces feta, room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil + extra for drizzling
- Juice + zest from 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Take cheeses out of fridge 1 hour before prepping the recipe.
- Finely chop herbs and mince garlic. Set aside.
- Add feta (crumbled) and cream cheese to a food processor. While a food processor works best for this recipe, you can use a bowl and fork, although the spread won’t be as fluffy at the end.
- Pulse the cheeses to combine. Add the chopped herbs, garlic, lemon juice and zest, and oil. Add pepper to taste. Pulse until everything is combined.
- Season with salt after tasting the spread. It’s easy to over salt this one.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Best with some toasted ciabatta and a drizzle of good olive oil.
Make it Spicy
Want to heat up this spread? Add a teaspoon of smoked paprika and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper.