- 1 small can chickpeas, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 clove of peeled garlic
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more if you like it spicy
- Salt to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 Chabaso Ancient Grain Mezzo Ciabatta
- Combine all ingredients plus 2 tablespoons of chickpea liquid in food processor until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Yes, it’s that easy. Add more chickepea liquid to adjust consistency.
- Spread hummus on toasted slices of Chabaso Ancient Grain Mezzo Ciabatta.
- Top with thinly sliced cucumber, pickled onions, or any of your favorite crunchy vegetables, toasted seeds, or herbs.