A healthy, fresh, and innovative way to incorporate Chabaso Artisan Bread, Panzanella is a great salad option to accompany any meal!
1 whole Chabaso Ancient Grains Demi Ciabatta (day old)
2 T olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ C olive oil
2 T balsamic vinegar
4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into bit sized pieces
¾ C sliced red onion
10 basil leaves, shredded
½ C pitted and halved black olives
1 C fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut bread into bite size pieces.
2. In a large bowl, toss bread with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Lay bread on a baking sheet, and toast in the preheated oven until golden, about 5 to 10 minutes; allow to cool slightly.
4. While the bread is in the oven, whisk together ¼ cup of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
5. Gently toss together the bread, tomatoes, onion, basil, olives, and mozzarella cheese. Toss with the vinaigrette and let stand for 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings
Note: This recipe is also great with any variety of our Chabaso Artisan Breads.
Recipe created by Kathryn Farrell GCC Dietetic Technology Program Gateway Community College