Substitute Chabaso Cranberry Pecan Loaf in your favorite French toast recipe for a delicious, better-for-you breakfast!
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Powdered sugar*
- Fresh fruit*
- In a bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, and vanilla. Pour mixture into a shallow dish, like a pie pan or shallow plate.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture.
- Fry slices of bread until golden brown, flip to cook other side.
- Serve with syrup, and garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, mint, and some fresh fruit of your choosing.
Pro tip: you can keep multiple slices of French Toast warm in low oven until everyone is at the table for breakfast.
Shop Cranberry Pecan loaf here.