Bread Breakers is a Chabaso project that fosters dialogue across political and cultural divides. Conversations that are recorded through the Bread Breakers project are archived at the Library of Congress through the StoryCorps platform. The full archive of Bread Breakers conversations is available here.
Valentine’s 2019 special offer: During the month of February 2019, Chabaso will offer a $20 credit to our online store to anyone who submits a conversation to the Bread Breakers project.
How to participate
Host a Bread Breakers event
- If you’d like to host a Bread Breakers event at your own space, please reach out to us!
Submit a Bread Breakers conversation on the Storycorps app
- Download the StoryCorps app on your iOS or Android device. During the StoryCorps account creation process, enter code BREADBREAKERS.
- Using the StoryCorps app, record and publish a conversation with a friend, foe or just yourself in which all participants answer the conversation questions listed below.
- Email us at WeCare@Chabaso.com to let us know you submitted the recording. After reviewing your conversation recording, we’ll send the $20 credit to the email address you emailed us from.
Submit a Bread Breakers conversation on this page
- Record a conversation with a friend, foe or just yourself in which all participants answer all the conversation questions listed below
- Upload the audio file of your conversation to the form below.
- After reviewing your conversation recording, we’ll send the $20 credit to the email address you provided.
- Who has been the most influential person in your life? What did they teach you?
- Can you share a story about a lesson you learned from your parents or guardian?
- Was there a moment, event, or person in your life who shaped your political views?
- What’s most hurtful to you about what people across the political divides say about people on your side?
- Can you share a story about the first time you remember being aware of politics?